Welcome to my world!

My stats:
I am a
Christian
Wife
Mother of Three
Friend
and
Diabetic

These are just a few of my fun factoids. Nothing any more special than anyone else, but there is a special reason why I was chosen to be each of them.

My vision for this blog is still to be determined, just like my purpose in life. I'm figuring all of that out - and along the way, I will stumble.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

First ever BLOG......

It's funny I should start my blog on a day when I have nearly nothing to say.  Nothing interesting occurred today. I didn't even leave the house.  That being said, here I go anyway...

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now.  I'm not a huge blog follower or anything, but the thought of writing intrigues me.  I'm hoping my blog will make you giggle from time to time, inspire you here and there and that it will read genuine and true.  

I spent some time reading my new chronological bible today and also a new devotional that I just got.  It should not be so difficult to get some "quiet" time where I can read and be fully involved in what I'm reading, but it is.  I get interrupted a lot.  The time I spent reading today was fairly quiet and I really felt able to focus on what I was reading, and on what it was saying to me.   It was awesome.  Quiet time... it's not overrated.  Not in this house anyway.  


One of the verses highlighted in my devotional reading spoke to me today.  
Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.


His good, pleasing and perfect will.  When I read that part, I closed my eyes and took a deep, cleansing breath.  His good, pleasing and perfect will.  

I admit it.  For the most part, I'm a control freak.  Must be in control.  Need to be in control.  Even though I know, ultimately, I am not in control.  And this is a good thing.  

His good, pleasing and perfect will.  






No comments:

Post a Comment